Other online diaries:
Martijn van Oosterhout,
Linux Weekly News,
Planet Linux Australia,
Archive by month:
Thu, 02 Aug 2007
This week in exercise - 15:25
When Mikal was here at work last week he
requested that I stop exercising. His reasoning is that I am making him and so
many other geeks appear fatter simply due to the amount of exercise I do. I
guess my problem is I do not tend to think I really do that much exercise,
this is because I compare myself Dave and Julie, who set new standards for
doing lots of stuff.
This week I have done a bit, probably more than any week while Mikal was
here. I did suggest to Mikal he could skip the country to get away from seeing
me exercise all the time, and heck it looks like that is what he is
doing. However because I am not a nice friendly person I feel the need to
write down my week in exercise as it will stand by Sunday.
- Sunday last weekend I did a 24 KM paddle in my Mirage double kayak,
including a 10 KM time trial at
- Monday I did a 13 KM run from ANU through Haig park up onto Mt Ainslie
Reserve, over to the back of Campbell, down to the lake shore and back
to ANU. Then that evening I did a
Posture and Flex class for an
hour and a bit.
- Tuesday I was lazy and did bugger all exercise.
- Wednesday (yesterday) I did the Bilbys road ride in the faster bunch
before work (40 KM or so at a reasonable pace), during work I did a 11
KM run to Yarralumla bay and back from ANU.
- Thursday (this morning) I went mountain biking in Majura for a bit over
and hour (30 KM on the mtb by the time I got to work), had a 1.5 hour
yoga class at lunch and will be heading out paddling on the lake this
evening for an hour and a bit.
- Friday, tomorrow, as always the Friday morning mountain bike ride will
be happening (anyone who can not tell
what song I
am referencing in the email for the ride has never heard the
song). Then I hope to get a run in to make it three reasonable runs
- Saturday will be an easy day, hoping for a paddle in the morning, though
it may end up being an easyish road ride for a few hours, then I will
be volunteering for CORC doing
pre race registration for the
Hour WWS mtb race this weekend
- Sunday I will be racing in mens pairs on at the 8 hour mtb race on my
single speed mountain bike. Wheeeeee
What can I say, fun will be (or was) had.